At our Marietta, GA maternity and newborn photography studio, we have years of experience and training. We’ve spent countless hours perfecting our skill and know how to achieve the best portraits possible. Today, we’d love to share a few tips with you about getting better pictures at home, in your everyday life.
Getting Better Pictures at Home
- Get down to the level of your subject: Whether it’s your child or your pet, getting down to their level will help you capture more intimate and interesting shots.
- Pay attention to lighting: Good lighting is crucial for taking great photos. Try to take photos during the golden hour (the hour before sunset or after sunrise) when the light is soft and warm. If you’re taking photos indoors, try to find a room with plenty of natural light.
- Use the rule of thirds: The rule of thirds is a basic principle of composition that can help you create more interesting and balanced shots. Imagine a tic-tac-toe board over your image, and try to place your subject along one of the lines or at an intersection.
- Don’t forget about the background: The background of your photo can make or break the shot. Try to find a simple, uncluttered background that won’t distract from your subject.
- Take candid shots: Sometimes the best photos are the ones that capture your family in unguarded moments. Try to take candid shots that show your family members interacting naturally with each other.
- Experiment with different angles: Don’t be afraid to get creative with your shots. Try taking photos from different angles, like from above or below, to create more interesting and dynamic compositions.
We are so lucky to have access to such amazing cameras just within our phones, right within our reach. Technology today has really blessed us all. To think of the amount of pictures children will have of themselves in this day is so exciting – how nice it will be for them to be able to look back on everyday documented memories! I hope these tips help you to capture your children and family in even better ways than before.
At home memories and printing
What will you do with all of your daily photos? Instead of letting them sit on your phone for years, enjoy the pictures by printing them for all to see. A service that I personally love is Qeepsake. This amazing app enables you to keep a daily or weekly log of your kids pictures, along with quotes and verbiage you add in. Think of this as a digital baby book that you can make entries in daily or weekly. When you’re finished making your book, they print it and ship it to you!
When you’re pregnant and in need of maternity and newborn portraits, please come visit our luxury portrait studio, in Marietta, GA! We are located at:
1501 Johnson Ferry Rd., Marietta, GA 30062 suite 104