Easy Meals After Having a Baby
Newborn photographer Atlanta | Easy Meals After Having a Baby. If you’ve had a baby before, you already know how hard it is to come up with dinner for the family while caring for a newborn. If this will be your first child and you’re reading this, congratulations! And, you’ll be so much better off for having this simple tip during the newborn stage.
I’ve learned from experience (I have three kids of my own) that one of the best things you can do before baby arrives is to have a freezer full of premade / precooked meals. These are actually different dishes made up by you and or loved ones that are then put in the freezer, ready to pop out and heat up.
This beats everything! It beats a typical store bought frozen meal by a long shot. Friends and family love to bring a meal over after baby arrives, but a lot of time it’ll be take out. While the occasional take out is nice, every meal, 7 days a week gets a little old. A nice homemade meal was so much better to me and I’m sure you feel the same.
Baby boy loved his newborn session
His family loved my studio located in Marietta, Georgia
Prepping Your Meals Before Baby Arrives | Newborn photographer Atlanta
Listen, this may be the best piece of advice you can get. Instead of prepping all these meals yourself, have your friends and family chip in. For my second child I had a baby shower where instead of gifts, all the guests brought a homemade freezer ready meal. This was THE BEST!
Since this was my second child, I already had all the baby things I needed. Meals instead of gifts was the best baby shower ever. I’m not kidding when I say I had delicious homemade meals for my family every night for the better part of two months.
This tactic can be done even if it is your first child. A lot of times there are multiple baby showers…one with your family, one at your work, etc. I’d suggest to convert one of those gift giving gatherings into a frozen meal stock up opportunity.
Make sure your friends and family know that they need to make a meal, not just go buy a frozen meal at the store. There is a big difference, trust me!
Of course you can prep a few meals if you’d like, but to be honest, I didn’t prep anything. It was all given to me and I was so very thankful that everybody was so kind to do that for my family and I!
Casey McMinn Photography serves Atlanta, GA and all surrounding areas
Maternity and newborn portraits are done in our studio in Marietta, Georgia
Easy meals to prep before baby arrives | Newborn photographer Atlanta
You might want to prep a few meals and then have friends and family pitch in. Whatever the case may be, here is a list of the meals I loved having on hand when my second was born. Specific recipes can be determined by you, or, whoever is making the dish.
- Chicken Alfredo Pasta – rigatoni noodles work great, which I feel was best for freezing / unfreezing. Combine your noodles, chicken and sauce and pour into a disposable baking pan. Reheat in oven at 350 for 20 minutes or until warmed through. Pair with frozen garlic bread. Easy!
- White Lightning Chicken Chili – if you have other younger / picky eaters in your home you may want to try a more basic, not as spicy recipe. Reheat in a pot on stovetop until warmed through.
- Chicken Pot Pie – Who doesn’t love chicken pot pie? Especially a home made one? Paul’s Pot Pies provides homemade frozen pies (Marietta, GA and Kennesaw, GA area). They are delicious! Reheat at 350 for 20 minutes or until heated through
- Ravioli – My aunt made some delicious home made ravioli. Talk about yum! We threw them into a bag and froze them. Put the sauce in a separate container. When the time came to eat it I put the ravioli in a boiling pot of water and once the ravioli started floating I took it out and drained it. Reheat the sauce in a pan on the stove.
- Broccoli Chicken Casserole – There are some very simple recipes online for this easy and delicious dish. Simply make it up, pour into a disposable baking pan then reheat on 350 for 20 minutes.
A big help!
There are so many more meals you could make up and freeze for a later date. I hope these give you a good start! I was so thankful to not have to cook for my family every night with a newborn. This really took a lot off of my plate.
Like I said, do a whole baby shower where friends and family cook and freeze a meal for you , in lieu of bringing a gift.
Atlanta’s best newborn photographer, Casey McMinn Photography, where we provide a full service luxury studio experience for you and your family. Now booking Fall newborn sessions for 2022.
This sweet guy loved his newborn session at the studio. I also took his older brother’s newborn pictures, as well as his 1 year cake smash.
Our maternity, newborn and family portrait studio is located in Marietta, GA. We serve Atlanta and all surrounding areas including Alpharetta, Brookhaven, Buckhead, Canton, Decatur, Druid Hills, Johns Creek, Kennesaw, Marietta, Milton, Roswell, Sandy Springs and Woodstock.
There are also clients who drive from several hours away to come to our studio.
Our address is 1509 Johnson Ferry Rd., Marietta, GA 30062. Suite T5B.
Get to know the photographer behind the camera! HERE